After hundreds of hours script-writing, dozens upon dozens of recording takes across THREE camera phones, staying up bleary-eyed 2AM witnessing FCPX crashes, kernel panics, and corrupted project libraries amidst (pending) failing hard drives – I hereby present nevertheless my very first (serious) video dissertation.
“Climate change”, droughts, end of the world prophecies, social justice warriors, metabolic syndromes, diabesity, mental illnesses, “this” inequality, “that” inequality, oh my. What a great time for us to live in.
Yes, I have been very camera-shy for the last four long tears. But the last hundreds of hours were decidedly spent at presenting myself and my thoughts – right upfront, frank and stern. All at imploring how we can address all the above from a decentralised perspective of Nutritional Science.
This is controversial for a reason. Because enquiring against Nature itself, likely will not involve comfort. No matter who you are, irrespective of “sides” you’re in. I believe there is something we can all learn here; for our own “selves”.
Note and point of trivia: everyone has a “starting” point of showcasing their very own dissertation to the wide online audience. Likewise, this is my very first attempt at presenting, showcasing, editing and producing single handedly. Encompassing all skills amassed both individually and professionally; amidst structural impositions.
Bibliography / URL reference list
These are appearing in order of chronological order.
- It is probably too late to stop dangerous global warming
- Global Economic prospects – heightened tensions, subdued investment.
- The workplace is killing people and nobody cares
- Climate change 12 years to save the planet?
- In 2017 men died by suicide 3.54x more often than women.
- “Formerly unemployed adults who transitioned into poor quality work had greater adverse levels of biomarkers compared with their peers who remained unemployed.”
- Is it true climate change will cause the end of civilisation by 2050?
- “Eat less meat: UN climate-change report calls for change to human diet.”
- “The world will end in twelve years.”
- “Climate Change Is Killing Your Low-Carb Diet.”
- “Low-carbohydrate diets were associated with a significantly higher risk of all-cause mortality and they were not significantly associated with a risk of CVD mortality and incidence.”
- “Low carb or high carb? Everything in moderation … until further notice”.
- “These systematic reviews have become a marketing tool…Possibly, the large majority of produced systematic reviews and meta-analyses are unnecessary, misleading, and/or conflicted.”
John P.A. Ioannidis
“The Mass Production of Redundant, Misleading, and Conflicted Systematic Reviews and Meta-analyses”
- “…a single new study can overturn the results of a meta-analysis.” – Hilda Bastian
“Another 5 Things to Know About Meta-Analysis reviews” / Blog.PLOS.org
- “Also, only manual labor was used to produce food and goods, and not enough food was grown for all the members. The diet of fruit and grains left many members sick of malnourished, causing them to leave before the society’s collapse in 1844.”
Failed Utopia : Fruitlands
- “….Verbose and persuasive, he gathered around him a few idealists and drifters, some from Britain, who went to live on a farm in the belief that, through abstaining from sex and meat, they could recreate the Garden of Eden.”
Fruitlands: The Alcott Family and Their Search for Utopia by Richard Francis – review
- “If you commit crime and crime pays, you commit more crime.”
– Peter C. Gøtzsche
“Deadly medicines and organised crime.”
- “To my surprise, both “alarmists” and “deniers” accept the fact that you can measure the average temperature of the whole earth for a whole year to a fraction of a degree…and that the result is significant.”
Nobel laureate Ivar Giaever
- Fasting for 24 Hours Heightens Reward from Food and Food-Related Cues
- “…One of the most extreme diet interventions.”
Fasting for 24 Hours Heightens Reward from Food and Food-Related Cues
- “Please remain calm…Climate is beyond our power to control.[…]”
Nobel prize winner Dr. Robert B. Laughlin
- “Based on well-established evidence, about 97% of climate scientists have concluded that human-caused climate change is happening.”
Dr. Jordan B. Peterson
Former advisor to Mr. James Laurence Balsillie “UN Secretary-General panel on Global Sustainability”
Response to question “Do you think climate change will unite us all?”
- “During my forty years of medical practice, I have never seen anyone die of high cholesterol (and neither has any other doctor).”
Dr. John McDougall
- ” Consistent effects were observed in all subgroups evaluated. The rosuvastatin group did not have a significant increase in myopathy or cancer but did have a higher incidence of physician-reported diabetes.”
- “Carbon dioxide is actually the main fertilizer and building block for life […].”
- Prepare for a Lobster-Full Future: Acidic Oceans Could Help Some Critters
Dr. Justin Ries
I entrust my viewers to have read the disclaimer at the first section and understood them sincerely, before proceeding onwards.