The “Riced” Keto Cabbage
In my continuing appraisal of the humble cabbage – this has been my newly acquired ritual since last few month/s.
As opposed to buying cauliflowers which are generally as expensive as its twin brother brocolli (up to $3.50 per head) – well, this would save you more money (Average price for large entire head = $1.5 to $2, sometimes as low as 49 cents at Spudshed).
- Spare yourself $2 for an entire head of cabbage (yes, including the outer leaves)
- Invest a $15 food chopper / processor (go get one @ Target).
- Cut into smaller pieces first before bundling them into the chopper in one handful at a time.
- Chop / process till fine.
How to cook them? Easy.
- Microwave on high 1.5 minutes per cup (110g).
- Mix with two teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and heavy cream, oils, sour cream, butter, whatever fat sources you fancy. Plenty of salt.
- Or Spoon into your 30g TVP (with water) and microwave together for 2.5 mins. Two boiled eggs. 30g of butter or heavy cream. Done.
“Cabbage – Cabbage” Entry as accordingly to MyFitnessPal per serve at 110g
|Total Fat||0 g||Potassium||187 mg|
|Saturated||0 g||Total Carbs||7 g|
|Polyunsaturated||0 g||Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Monounsaturated||0 g||Sugars||4 g|
|Trans||0 g||Protein||1 g|
Less than 5 cents per 110g serve on average. An entire head (with outer leaves) should last at least a week and half.